Echoes of Loneliness

 Echoes of Loneliness

Alone now, as I've always been,

In the midst of life's chaotic spin.

Unwanted, feeling in the way,

No place to call home, where I can stay.


My child can't visit, my heart aches deep,

No toys, no comfort, just tears to weep.

My sister burdened by my prolonged stay,

Four months, a month, it all slips away.


Canada, once home, now distant and cold,

Mexico, a refuge, but a misfit, I'm told.

Family in both, yet no true connection,

A bond weakened by time's imperfection.


A new puppy, a reminder of what I've lost,

In Mexico, memories of pets, a tempest tossed.

My child's journey, a distant canoe,

I stand on shore, waving, but they pass through.


Social media, a window and a curse,

Where attention-seeking feels like a curse.

Struggling to share what truly matters,

Ignored, misunderstood, my heart in tatters.


Life's rollercoaster, relentless and steep,

Against the system, a promise to keep.

Homeschooling, fighting against the tide,

Hope seems distant, on the other side.


Then a kitten purrs, a gentle embrace,

Love unfaltering, in this transient space.

Breathe in hope, though the night may be long,

Praying for miracles, where we belong.


Loneliness, a companion in the darkest of times,

Forgive yourself, where healing finds.

Choose happiness, amidst the storm's wrath,

For the universe listens, guiding our path.


Photo Credit- Tina Winterlik 2024


Comments

Popular Posts